Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Lancaster, PA
Even a minor car accident can leave you injured and struggling with sudden physical pain. This does not even include the financial challenges from huge medical bills.
Unfortunately many insurance providers rarely offer a fair settlement that covers ALL of your costs and damages. A car accident lawyer from The Shelton Firm can help you deal with the insurance companies and get you the settlement you need to recover from your injuries
Please call today at 717-823-0899 to schedule a free consultation.
Get Help Immediately
Why Should I hire a Lawyer?
At The Shelton Firm, we understand that car accident victims are concerned about their medical bills, and injuries. Unfortunately, insurance companies are not your friend and often make arguments to reduce or deny the benefits that you desperately need. This means that many times you will more than making an insurance claim to get the compensation you deserve. If you are running into trouble with an insurance company, Call The Shelton Firm today to pursue your rights and let a experienced accident lawyer fight for justice.
Hit by a Drunk Driver?
A drunk driver can be sued in civil court while at the same time prosecuted in criminal courts. The Shelton Firm has an experienced car accident attorney who aggressively pursues compensation for victims and their families who were hurt or killed by a drunk driver.
Car Accidents with No Insurance
Many Motorists may choose to supplement their required car insurance coverage with Uninsure Motorist Coverage because many drivers have the bare minimum policy or No Policy at all. UM coverage provides protection if you or your passengers suffer bodily injury in a collision with an at-fault, uninsured driver.
Additional Car Accident Lawyer Info
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
Although most motorists who get into car crashes cannot think straight at the scene of a car crash, there are certain things you should do in order to strengthen your personal injury case. If you fail to do any of these things, you risk getting your personal injury claim denied, which is why our experienced car accident lawyer in Pittsburgh recommends that you:
- Call the police and make sure a Police report is created
- Go to a doctor. This is helpful even if you do not think that your injury is bad enough.
- Collect evidence and relevant information at the scene such as the other party’s name, address, phone number, insurance information, and the names and contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened.
- Take pictures of the crash, especially the vehicle damage, skid marks, and road conditions.
- Everything you say can be used against you. Be careful not to accidentally admit fault.
- Call The Shelton Firm Car accident attorney to discuss your legal options.
Is Pennsylvania a No-Fault Accident State?
In Pennsylvania, there is a No-Fault System for car accidents. What does that mean? It means that regardless of who is at fault for the crash, everyone involved will have their medical expenses paid for by their own car insurance company.
However, this does not mean that you cannot sue the other driver if they were at fault for the accident. If you have been in a car accident, it is crucial that you speak with an experienced car accident lawyer to make sure you are getting the total compensation you deserve. An experienced auto accident attorney will know how to navigate the complex legal system and get you the money you need to cover your medical bills and other expenses.
COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS
Here are some of the main causes of car accidents. If you suspect your accident was caused by one of these factors contact us immediately so our Car Accident Lawyer can go over your options.
- Distracted driving – Texting, Cell Phone use, and Checking emails
- Speeding – Speed is serious contributing factor common factor in car accidents that result in Death or serious injury.
- Weather Conditions – Many Drivers fail to adjust for Dangerous conditions such as snow, and rain which requires them reduce speed or leave more distance between cars.
- Driving under the influence – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a common cause of car accidents, especially in car accidents that occur late at night or in the early morning hours of the weekend.
- Tailgating – Following a car too closely can be very dangerous and a wreck from behind can leave the driver who was hit with neck pain and back issues.
WHAT KIND OF SETTLEMENT CAN I GET FROM A CAR ACCIDENT LAWSUIT?
If you were injured in a Car accident, your settlement may include compensation for the following:
- Medical bills – Bills for past treatment, ongoing treatment, and anticipated medical costs for future treatments.
- Property loss – Damage to your vehicle and any other property inside of your vehicle.
- Lost wages (Present and Future Wages) – If you missed work because of your car accident injuries, you may be compensated for any lost earnings.
- Pain and suffering – Compensation for the pain and suffering you endured and may still be dealing with as a result of your injuries and damages.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – Detrimental impacts on your lifestyle and that cause you to lose the ability to enjoy or participate in activities and life pleasures.
- Punitive damages – If the defendant’s behavior was so outrageous or willful that it rose beyond the level of gross negligence.
Dealing With the Insurance Companies
The insurance company is never on your side. Don’t be fooled! Insurance companies are in sole business of making money. Meaning it benefits them to deny your claim or offer you a low-ball settlement.
When dealing with insurance companies, don’t say anything or sign anything. Our experienced Lancaster car accident lawyers stand up to the big insurance companies and get you maximum value.
At The Shelton Firm, we know that if you lose your CDL license, you stand to lose your livelihood. That’s why we fight to keep you on the road. Some relatively simple moving violations(sometimes even in your personal vehicle) can be considered as “Serious Traffic Offenses,” and can cause your CDL to be suspended if you obtain two or three of these traffic tickets within a period of time. Don’t risk getting fired from work, paying fines, experiencing insurance hikes and losing your livelihood, Call for a free consultation Today!
The Shelton Firm is centrally located in Lancaster PA. Our Car accident Lawyer services clients throughout Central PA. Our diligent and aggresive representation is the secret ingredient that keeps our clients coming back for all their legal needs.
We represent clients in Personal Injury, Family Law, Traffic Ticket, CDL Violations and Criminal Defense Matters in the following locations:
- Adams County
- Berks County
- Chester County
- Cumberland County
- Dauphin County
- Delaware County
- Franklin County
- Lancaster County
- Lebanon County
- Montgomery County
- Perry County
- York County
- King of Prussia
- West Chester